Me vs. Myself

Monday, June 06, 2005

Stevie Wonder?

So today is my first day back where I can actually tolerate light. Any light. See (no pun intended) I had laser eye surgery on Friday, it is now Monday. As the norm with my kind of luck my cornea was too thin to have the conventional "Lasik" surgury. I would include links but no one looks at this anyway AND it still hurts some to look at this bright screen. I had to have PRK which instead of cutting and lifting the top layer of your cornea and then burning your eye with a "LASER" (said like Dr. Evil) they had to burn straight through the top layer. Yes painful. What this means is, the "flap" that would normally be present during Lasik is not present with this procedure. This "flap" acts as a protectant and speeds recovery upwards around ONE day. I however don't have the "flap" and have had this hot sand in my eyes sensation since Friday morning. Yeah for me. So my suggestion is, if you plan on getting "LASER" (again Dr. Evil because Austin Power jokes never get old right?) eye surgery and the doctor says PRK, tell him or her to eat shit. Sure I may be able to see 20/20 or 20/15 when all is said and done but horrible burning eye syndrone is not so cool.
As a side note, just like the rest of the country, I have caught poker fever. I am still playing on nonpaying tables but have started entering tournaments. If you play right the people that play foolishly get weeded out rather quickly even if its fake money. Anyway, I have entered several single tables and have placed a majority of the time (1 first, 3 seconds, 5 thirds out of 12 tables). I've also entered a few multi-table with max of 90 and finished 42nd and 35th. Not too impressive but not bad considering. And I've entered 3 multi-tables with over 1250 people and finished at least in the top 50% each time with a 27% finish being the best. I've learned for the big tables I need to get a few big pots so down the road I have money to bet with, I've been short stacked late in the multi-tables. Maybe I'm too conservative or I wait for the "all-in" idiots to get out and by then I deep and short stacked. Don't kn0w. Anyway, "see" you guys later.

2 Comments:

  • Couldn't you have gotten the intraLASIK business? Not that Kat had a much better time with it, but it still sounds better than what you've got going on.

    By Blogger gus away from the metroplaza, at June 7, 2005 at 3:22 PM  

  • Yeah, They didn't even mention IntraLasik. I think the main problem with me was my cornea was only 470 microns and in order for a flap to be cut open it has to be 500 microns. So they had to burn through. I guess there is a medical condition where a persons cornea gets smaller and their vision gets progressively worse and had they cut my already thin cornea they could actually induce that medical condition, which could cause me to eventually lose my sight entirely. But today is much much better.

    By Blogger Razz Master, at June 8, 2005 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home