Me vs. Myself

Thursday, April 14, 2005

You'll Die a Horrible Death

So is it me or do other people get tired of the forward or you'll have bad luck emails? I just got one from my aunt about how so and so got this email and deleted it and her boyfriend died later that night. Then Susie only had seven people in her email list so she died too. But Tom, he emailed everyone and while walking across the street runs into the girl he has been in love with for the past five years, who has never expressed interest back (ie. he was stalking her) and she magically tells him she loves him, they get married and have five kids. So now I'm supposed to read this poem, which is a poorly written, sad excuse for poetry or literature, and then send it too all my email contacts. So what if one of my contacts only has nine friends? Am I then cursing them to a horrible death because they didn't meet the bullshit quota of ten? I realize that occasionally the underlying point is to say hey I was thinking about you, but are people sending these because they really believe in the imaginary email fairy that dooms all to death or good fortunes or is it because they want you to read something that says tell your loved ones hi every once in a while? Either way, I wish people would quit sending them and if they want to say hi to me, send me a personal email. It will mean more and I won't be paranoid that I'll be cursed or I could potentially be killing someone on my contact list. Later Alligators....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home