Me vs. Myself

Friday, November 26, 2004

Sometheme's Going On....

So it seems as if I may go through "phases" of topics or common themes. Because today is about music again. After my last blog, and having been commended on having real content I felt as though I should maybe throw more content into my postings. And as I may have mentioned before music is one of my true passions in life. So on to the post.

Last time I talked about feeling the music and how different people get different emotions out a song or feel the emotion differently. Today I wish to talk about playing the music and feeling it that way. For instance, you're on a stage or in a small setting and your band is just really connecting with each other and the songs almost literally ooze from your hands and instruments. (side note: I intentionally made fun of the over use of literally one post and now I have used it here. I have used it here with the intention of using it metaphorically and hope that its over use has not affected its effectiveness.) Or maybe you're just in your bedroom playing along to your favorite record or just jamming alone with nothing but you and your guitar (or other instrument.... to be fair). And you just close your eyes, tilt your head back and let the music take over your body and mind. Anyway, I don't think I could ever get it right or adequately explain how it feels in those moments when you, the instrument and music all become one entity. But for those out there that have felt that moment, you know what I'm talking about. Some compare it to sex, (old rock n' roll cliche) but I'm not sure that fits. Though both are powerful and such, they are too different to compare. Well, I am off to visit family so I won't be posting until Thursday of next week. I hope all you have a great time until then. And so as Dobie Gray would say... Give the beat, boys and free my soul, I want to get lost in your Rock n' Roll and drift away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home