Me vs. Myself

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Dinosaurs Eat Bacon Too

Ok so yesterday's post was different and out of nowhere. But that's ok, because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it people like me. So on this other blog, I learned that Confucius lives in a toilet bowl. I don't know if he really does or not but it's a funny thing to think about. Anyway, he (I know its a he because I know him) talks about public service anouncements on the urinal splatter thing. It got me thinking about some of the more ridiculous things I've seen like that. You know like the target with a picture of Bin Laden or Hussein. But then I thought about where I saw those cool pee guards, Love's. It's a popular truck stop in the Midwest. They are nation wide but more dense through the "Heartland". Anyway, I use to live next to one and I use to make frequent trips to Texas and would make random stops at Love's stations. Well, you get all your basic trucker needs met there. Your Lynard Skynard or Merle Haggard tapes, yes tapes. Or your run of the mill Rebel Flag or Nascar t-shirt. Once, before it became popular to have a trucker hat (Ashton Kutcher), I bought a real nice hat that had the mesh back/foam front and it had the puff paint for the text that read, "My wife said she's gonna leave me if I don't quit fishin'... I'm gonna miss her." Ahhhh, the good ol' days. Uh, what was I talking about? Urinal guards. So I guess that's all because I went on several tangents and now this post makes no sense. But again, that's ok, because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it people like me.

2 Comments:

  • I visited a Love's truck stop once. The bathroom had two of those quarter fed mechanical condom machines. The labels had been marked out and replaced with alternate versions. One of them said 'JB Hunt Shower Cap' and the other said 'Highway Patrol Chewing Gum'

    By Blogger charr, at December 9, 2004 at 2:44 PM  

  • hey man, thanks for dropping by and checking out my blog. yes, i have heard of saddle creek by the way of desaparecidos and bright eyes and i'll definitely check out the other bands. cheers man, steve

    By Blogger Steve, at December 16, 2004 at 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home