Me vs. Myself

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Yep, that is what I said....

Ok, it's been two days since I last wrote something and more than that since I wrote something worth reading. Well, maybe not worth reading but, well whatever. So much has happened since I last wrote. I think we elected a President or something like that. My hockey team won its second game of the season (2-0). Which is a great change from last season, we went 0-10! Yeah, we were called the "Star Fleet Command". Who names their team that? I was placed on the team because I registered late. First off, I hate Star Trek. Secondly, the guys on the team were brutal. Not that I'm the greatest ever, but I was in the top 3 in scoring for the league and I missed the first game and was held scoreless in three others. This league is much better. I have guys I feel confident in, say if I were going to pass to them or they to me. Plus we get along and hang out after games and such. I'm off to a decent start and hope to be in the top 3 in scoring again. (3g 2a) I've also been skating on Fridays, which I think has helped me two-fold, one, it helps me get in shape, two, the more ice time I get the more natural things are in a game so my skillz can be better demonstrated.

Enough about me. So technology has gone a bit too far. I was recently reminded of this last week on a trip to Atlanta. For the ladies, guys have urinals in our public restrooms and more frequently there are the motion sensors that auto-flush for you. Cool idea and pretty funny on Beavis and Butthead Do America. Well, a while back I was in Vegas and I discovered the flaw in having the motion sensors on a normal toilet. If you put the paper seat cover on and lean forward, it flushes and tries to take the paper seat cover with it. Not to mention you may or may not be done with your business. Then when you are and do your paperwork it flushes again and maybe again. Then interestingly enough, when you stand up it doesn't flush. Well, I had forgotten about my annoyance with the whole thing until I went to Atlanta. I generally don't like taking the kids swimming in public but when duty (I said duty... uh huh) calls. Well, I was quickly reminded of this phenomenon. And what happened to having a normal sink? Everything has sensors now and so you stick your hands under the facet and have to move them up and down or back and forth before the water comes on. Sometimes it won't and you'll move to the next sink and then the first sink comes on. I know it's just a way for the bathroom owners to cut down on over usage of water but seriously. That and I guess it is more sanitary, but why not have auto butt wipers too?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home