Me vs. Myself

Monday, November 08, 2004

Doth thou not knoweth?

I've been looking around at other peoples' blogs and they seem more focused. Some of them are pretty zany but for the most part everyone has some sort of agenda. Not an agenda in that they are trying to save the whales or anything, an agenda in that they don't stray too far or wander away from a central theme. Me, I tend to hop around a lot, which I guess would then become my "central theme". I'm not ashamed nor do I feel inferior. I'm merely noticing or observing life around me. Maybe we think too much as a society. Like it's not okay to remain idle if only for a few moments. Sure I probably fall into the trap of "laziness", but why does every minute of my day need to be accounted for? If I save five minutes by microwaving my food as opposed to cooking it in the oven, what benefit other than getting to eat sooner do I really get? If I were to save five minutes a day what would I do with all the saved time? And a what point do I get to cash it in? Do I almost die and at the last second St. Peter say oops you have 2 hours and 45 minutes saved have fun? Could I have fun knowing I had 2 hours left? Maybe we don't think enough. I've run into some pretty dumbass people. But had they pulled their head out and thought for ten seconds, they may have actually not been a dumbass. I'm not excluding myself from either group, in fact I probably belong to both. I don't really know what the point is or if there really is a point at all. Sometimes while idle, I think too much and end up sounding like a dumbass. Until next time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home