Me vs. Myself

Friday, November 12, 2004

Good old days

So this morning, as I was walking in the parking lot at work, I heard the wonderful and forgotten sound of morning announcements. Oh yeah, you know from high school. My office is next to a high school and they were doing their morning announcements and it took me away to that special place. The cool part was they had more than one person! A boy and a girl alternating, then when they mentioned the Chinese Club meeting they had a Chinese girl make the announcement. Kids these days are too spoiled. Multi-person announcements.... When I was a kid, we had to pick up our empty can of corn with the yarn tied to it and had only one person make the announcements. And that was only if we could afford the can of korn. Otherwise we had to wait until the walk up the hill in two feet of snow with no shoes on walk home to hear what the lunch special was. Usually salsbury steak, green peas, mash potatoes and apple cobbler with a pint of milk. And I'm out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home