Me vs. Myself

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Quick update post

So I realize it's been a day or a bunch since my last post. I had some topics but always seem to have the right amount of time for them. Or maybe I'm just making excuses for my inability to not be lazy. Is that a double negative? Hmm. Anywho, I opened an account on PartyPoker and I've noticed people play better when there is money involved. Shocking huh. My wife isn't super thrilled with the whole idea so I have started with a small amount of money and have mainly entered 5 or 10 dollar 2 or 3 table tournaments. (By the way, we've made it three months!!!) So I've won a little and lost a little more so I'm just below even money so far. I'm reading Brunson's book and that has really improved my game a lot. But it's truly shocking how different real money vs play money is. It's almost like talking to a guy from Yale as opposed to Corky from Life Goes On. I think one of my biggest adjustments in playing for real money is calling people's "bluffs". Play money it's a bluff (most of the time), real money, not so much. Bad calls and the fact I never fold at the right time. But I think knowing this will make me stronger. If I didn't know and kept doing it, well I would be stupid. So that's an update more or less. I just passed three months of marriage, changed to real money poker, and finally scheduled an appointment for a physical so the doctor can say, "Yep you need to drop about 20 lbs". I think my next post will be about Californians vs Okies when it comes to laziness in the work place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home