Me vs. Myself

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy B-day

Hip hip hooray, it's fourth of July. So anyway, I've been playing poker for free on ESPN for two reasons. One, it's free practice. Two, they have wonderful promotions on there where you (hopefully me) can win a seat at the USPC at the Taj. Now I know this is a lofty goal, but I feel as though if I don't try, I'll never know. Last week I won a 90 person tournament to qualify for the Sunday tournament. The top fifty each week for seven weeks gets to go to the final tournament where the winner gets their $10K buy-in to the USPC paid for along with lodging and such. So I get on Sunday and I completely freeze up. I don't know why, I've also been playing mutli-tables non-stop on pokerstars and have been doing very well. So I don't know why I went into ultra ultra conservative mode. Any and every time someone raised, even if only the minimum, I would fold. Even when I knew I had the nuts. So then I go into panic mode and bam, I'm out. It was however a great learning experience. I learned that just because there might be something on the line, doesn't mean I need to wimp out. I plan on qualifying again and this time I plan on breaking the top 50. On the topic of poker stars, I have been playing lights out. 18/27/45 people tourneys where 4th/5th/7th finish in the money, out of 15 or so tourneys, I've finished in the money 12 times. And not just limping in, I mean good smart semi-aggressive poker. I feel like a few more things and my game will start to come together very nicely. Alright kids, quit reading this and go blow off some fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home