Me vs. Myself

Friday, July 29, 2005

Am I a Man Now?

Um, I know I had a different topic lined up but it will have to wait. I went for a physical today, a) because it's been a while and b) my wife is a nurse and wanted me to get a full workup. So the guys at the office joked about the old disappearing finger routine, which I dismissed as them trying to make me nervous. That was until I heard the doctor say the phrase I never want or wanted to hear, "Now lay on your left side so I can do a rectal exam.... *POP* (the glove)". Uh, yea, not the best way to start (or end for that matter) your day. No it's not because I'm a homophobe nor do I think that makes me gay, it is the simple matter that it is designed to flow in one direction and that was clearly violated today. Not to mention he didn't have the common courtesy to remove any excess gel. Now excuse me while I go shower for the next three hours and cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home