Me vs. Myself

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

On My Way

So I was able to acquire the necessary chips to enter the $2500 California State Poker Championship Main Event. It took three trips to the Commerce to do it, although, two of the trips the satellites stopped early for that nights event. All-in-all I bet that if I would have spent a full day there I could have qualified in one, but it doesn't matter since the end result is the same. There was one satellite that was pretty much the make or break point of my hopes of getting in. I had done a last long earlier in the day for one $100 Tournament chip against two other players, I won and was up to 1600 in tournament chips. The make or break table I entered a last long with the same guy from earlier (actually I've played against him several times before and always beat him in the last long) along with one other guy. Then this third guy wants to play me one-on-one for last long, both last longs for $100T. I end up Rockin' the Casbah on this table and chop with one of the guys for $500T and then I took the last longs. I played one more satellite and went to the cashier to get my entrance, and of all seats I get Seat #1 Table #1. Guess I don't have to worry about getting moved. The tournament starts Saturday the 23rd of September at 1:00pm. If you read this before then please send a little mojo my way and little bit of good luck, it will be a tough field and I will probably need some. Thanks. Updates on Monday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home